Italian and Spanish variation of Elisha"God is my salvation"
Eliseo Origin and Meaning
The name Eliseo is boy's name of Italian origin meaning "God is my salvation".
This Latinate name would have no problem fitting into an American classroom. It has made frequent appearances in the US Top 1000 over the last several decades. Borne by several Spanish saints, it boasts both a rhythmic sound and popular o-ending.
# 685 in the US
Eliseo Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Eliseo
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Eliseo.
Famous People Named Eliseo
- Eliseo Salazar (Valenzuela)Chilean racing driver
- (José) Eliseo Payán (Hurtado)1st Vice President of Colombia
- Eliseo BrownArgentine footballer
- Eliseo Grenet (Sánchez)Cuban pianist and composer
- Eliseo Alberto SubielaArgentine film director and writer
- Eliseo Vasquez MedinaMexican,American labor activist
- Eliseo Antonio Quintanilla (Ortíz)Salvadoran footballer
- (José) Eliseo Salamanca (Bermúdez)Salvadoran footballer
- Eliseo ÁlvarezUruguayan footballer
- Eliseo Roque Rivero (Pérez)Uruguayan footballer
- Eliseo Martín (Omenat)Spanish Olympic runner
- Eliseo Valdés ErutesCuban painter and sculptor
Eliseo in Pop Culture
- Nickname possibilities: ElLeo, Seo, Eli