klow-TEEL-day (Spanish, Portuguese); klow-TEELD (French); KLOW-teeld (Italian)
Spanish, French, Italian, and Portuguese"famous in battle"
Clotilde Origin and Meaning
The name Clotilde is girl's name meaning "famous in battle".
A romantic rarity, derived from the Old German name Chlotichilda, meaning "famous in battle." Saint Clotilde was a Frankish queen, wife of Clovis I, who played a role in the spread of Christianity.
20 Names Similar to Clotilde
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Clotilde.
Famous People Named Clotilde
- (Marie Adélaïde) Clotilde XavièrePrincess of France, younger sister of King Louis XVI; wife of Charles Emmanuel IV of Sardinia (as Queen Clotilda)
- (Marie Adelheid Amalie) ClotildePrincess of Saxe,Coburg and Gotha, Archduchess of Austria
- (Ludovica Teresa) Maria ClotildePrincess of Savoy, Princess Napoléon
- Clotilde CourauFrench actress
- Clotilde DusoulierFrench writer
- Clotilde de Vaux19th,century French writer who inspired the philosopher Auguste Comte's 'Religion of Humanity'
Clotilde in Pop Culture
- See Clothilde.
- SainteClotilde, basilica church in Paris
- Clotildecharacter in G. A. Henty's The Young Carthaginian