Russian, Greek"defending men"
Alexei Origin and Meaning
The name Alexei is boy's name of Greek, Russian origin meaning "defending men".
Alexei could well join the legion of Alex names popular in the US. There are countless opportunities to liven up Alexander, and Alexei (or Alexey) is one of the most straightforward and appealing.
20 Names Similar to Alexei
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Alexei.
Lists containing Alexei
- Russian Baby Boy Names
- X Factor Baby Names
- Cool International Boy Names
- Dog Names That Mean Protector
- Names That Mean Protector, Defender, or Guardian
Famous People Named Alexei
- Alexei Alexeyevich AbrikosovSoviet and Russian theoretical physicist and Nobelist
- Alexei Nikolaevich RomanovTsarevich of Russia, son of Tsar Nicholas II and Tsarina Alexandra
- Alexei Fernando RamirezCuban baseball player
- Alexei Anatolievich NavalnyRussian lawyer, politician and activist
- Alexei Nikolayevich KosyginRussian Soviet politician
- Alexei David SayleEnglish comedian
- Alexei Eremenko (born Aleksei Alekseyevich Yeryomenko)Russian,Finnish footballer
- Alexei Konstantinovich YagudinRussian figure skater
- Alexei Vyacheslavovich "Alex" KovalevRussian ice hockey player
- Alexei Andreyevich CherepanovRussian ice hockey player
Alexei in Pop Culture
- Alexei Vronsky and Alexei Kareninlover and husband for Anna Karenina
- Alexei Markoviccharacter in HER Interactive video game "Alibi in Ashes"
- Alexei 'Alyosha' Karamazovmain character in Fyodor Dostoyevsky's "Brothers Karamazov"
- Alexei de Quincycharacter in Cassandra Clare's "The Infernal Devices" book trilogy series.
- Dr. Alexeicharacter in season 3 of "Stranger Things"