Greek, variation of Alexandra,"defending men"
Alexandrina Origin and Meaning
The name Alexandrina is girl's name of Greek origin meaning "defending men".
Alexandrina is the most elaborate and unusual of the Alex- girls's names.The real first name of Queen Victoria, who was given it in honor of her godfather, Alexander I of Russia (her childhood nickname was Drina), it would make a distinctive pick, even though some might find five syllables a bit much. It was particularly popular in Scotland in the 1930s.
20 Names Similar to Alexandrina
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Alexandrina.
Famous People Named Alexandrina
- (Alexandrina) VictoriaQueen of the United Kingdom
- Alexandrina "Didina" CantacuzinoRomanian feminist and activist
- Alexandrina Maria da Costabeatified Portuguese mystic and victim soul
- Alexandrina Barbosa CabralPortuguese handballer
- Alexandrina PendatchanskaBulgarian operatic soprano
- Alexandrina HristovMoldovan,Romanian singer
Alexandrina in Pop Culture
- Lady Alexandrina de Courcycharacter in "Doctor Thorne" by Anthony Trollope