Greek"thorny; or, innocent, not evil"
Acacius Origin and Meaning
The name Acacius is boy's name of Greek, Latin, Ancient_Languages/Civilizations origin meaning "thorny; or, innocent, not evil".
Acacius is a Latinized form of the Ancient Greek Akakios and can be interpreted to relate to the same root as the name Acacia, for the thorn bush, or Akakios which means "not evil." With the modern taste for ancient names that end in "us," this obscure but attractive choice may have a chance of new life. Acacius is the name of three early saints.
20 Names Similar to Acacius
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Acacius.
Famous People Named Acacius
- Saint AcaciusPatriarch of Constantinople
- Saint Acacius of AmidaTurkish bishop
- Saint AcaciusArmenian martyred priest
- Saint Acaciusleader of the ten thousand martyrs of Mount Ararat
- Acacius of CaesareaPalestinian Christian bishop
Acacius in Pop Culture
- Acacius Pageteacher in Patrick Dennis' "Auntie Mame," film and musical