Zaynab Origin and Meaning
The name Zaynab is a girl's name of Arabic origin meaning "beauty, grace".
Zaynab, from the Arabic word for beauty and the name of a flowering tree, was the name of a granddaughter, daughter and two wives of the Prophet Muhammed. Related names include the simplified forms Zaina and Zayna and the Swahili-inflected Zainabu, along with possibly Zenobia, a name related to the Greek mythological god Zeus. Zaynab is one of the most popular Muslim girls' names around the world.
20 Names Similar to Zaynab
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Zaynab.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Zaynab
Famous People Named Zaynab
- Zaynab bint Jahshcousin and wife of Muhammad
- Zaynab bint Khuzaymawife of Muhammad
- Zaynab bint Alidaughter of the Rashid Caliph and Fatimah bint Muhammad; granddaughter of Muhammad
- Zaynab Ibrahim Mahfuzbirth name of Samia Gamal, Egyptian belly dancer and actress
- Zaynab AlkaliNigerian novelist
- Zaynab FawwazLebanese poet and novelist
- Zaynab bint ʿUmar b. alKindī, 13th century Syrian Islamic scholar