Yancey Origin and Meaning
The name Yancey is a boy's name of Native American origin meaning "yankee".
A fancy TV western name that didn't catch on like fellow cowboys Luke and Josh, but definitely has a certain amount of charm. It is also spelled Yancy, as in the 1950s series Yancy Derringer. It was first spotted in the Edna Ferber novel Cimarron, which became a popular movie.
20 Names Similar to Yancey
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Yancey.
Lists containing Yancey
Famous People Named Yancey
- Yancey Dirk ThigpenAmerican football player
- Yancey AriasAmerican actor
- (John) Yancey McGill; American politician; 90th Lieutenant Governor of South Carolina
- Rick YanceyAmerican novelist
- John Derek Yancey aka Illa JAmerican rapper
Yancey in Pop Culture
- Yancey Batesthe kindly antique dealer in Elizabeth Enright's "The Sea Is All Around"
- Douglas Yancey "Doug" Funniemain character on animated series "Doug"
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.