Wyndham Origin and Meaning
The name Wyndham is a boy's name of English origin meaning "from the windy village".
This artistic and aristocratic surname would not blend in on most playgrounds – and Windy is not the choicest of nicknames. Notable namesakes include artist (and founder of the Vorticist movement) Wyndham Lewis, as well as authors John Wyndham and Francis Wyndham.
20 Names Similar to Wyndham
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Wyndham.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Wyndham
Famous People Named Wyndham
- (Percy) Wyndham LewisEnglish painter and novelist
- Wyndham HalswelleBritish Olympic sprinter
- Wyndham Rose Simpson (b. 2014)daughter of golfer Webb Simpson & Taylor Down Keith
Wyndham in Pop Culture
- Wyndham Flitterman,about,town in The Pottleton Legacy (1849), Albert Smith's facetious novel of types 'halfway between Dickens and comic papers'
- Wyndhamhotel chain
- Wyndham Frederick 'Freddie'Celandine's older brother in the novel 'Celandine'