Wolfgang Origin and Meaning
The name Wolfgang is a boy's name of German origin meaning "traveling wolf".
Chef Wolfgang Puck has helped soften this thunderous Germanic name; music-lovers will appreciate its association with Mozart, though the composer's middle name Amadeus is more appealing.
20 Names Similar to Wolfgang
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Wolfgang.
Lists containing Wolfgang
- Saints' Names For Boys
- Cool Classic Boy Names — 100+ below the Top 1000
- German Shepherd Names
- Unique Celebrity Baby Names
- October Baby Names
- Musician Baby Names
- Boy Names Kids Consider Cool
- Celebrity Baby Names
- Werewolf Baby Names
- Cool Saints' Names for Babies
- August Baby Names
- Rocker and Rapper Kids' Names
- Cool Boy Names From Ancient Cultures
- Olympic Baby Names
- Names with Animal Meanings
- Confirmation Names for Boys
Famous People Named Wolfgang
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (born Johannes Chrysostomus Wolfgangus Theophilus Mozart)Austrian composer
- Wolfgang Johannes PuckAustrian,American celebrity chef
- Wolfgang William Van Halenmusician son of Eddie Van Halen and Valerie Bertinelli
- Wolfgang PauliAustrian theoretical physicist and Nobel prize winner
- Wolfgang PaulGerman physicist; winner of the Nobel Prize
- Wolfgang KetterleGerman physicist; winner of the Nobel Prize
- Wolfgang ReithermanGerman,American Disney film director and animator
- Wolfgang PetersenGerman film director and screenwriter
- Wolfgang Erik Anders Frederiksen (b. 2007)son of singer Lars Frederiksen of Rancid
- Wolfgang Xander Hardy (b. 2017)son of American pro wrestler Matt Hardy
- Wolfgang Novogratzactor
- Wolfgang Boyd (b. 2017)daughter of Christian Serratos.
Wolfgang in Pop Culture
- Wolfgang Mullercharacter from the 1985 film "Explorers" played by River Phoenix
- Wolfganga character in the "Animal Crossing" games
- Wolfgang Bogdanowa character of Netflix's original series Sense8
- Wolfgangdrug dealer in the game "Fallout 4"
- Wolfgang Dankworthcharacter from the novel "Blank Mastermind" by Rosey Mucklestone
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.