Vida Origin and Meaning
The name Vida is a girl's name of Spanish origin meaning "life".
Like Vita and Viva, one of several similar life-affirming names, this one was chosen by Matthew McConaughey and his Portuguese-born wife Camila. Vida may also be a diminutive of Davida. Australian suffragette and human rights campainer Vida Goldstein is an notable bearer of this name.
20 Names Similar to Vida
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Vida.
Lists containing Vida
- Alternatives to Olivia
- Unique High-Energy Baby Names
- Unique Vintage Names for Girls
- Unique Girl Names Ending with A
- Vintage Baby Names
- Unique Celebrity Baby Names
- Cool Classic Girl Names — 100+ below the Top 1000
- Literary Girl Names
- Spanish Baby Girl Names
- Celebrity Baby Names
- Literary Baby Names
- Spanish Word Names
- Vintage Girl Names
- Latinx Baby Names
- Athletic Baby Names
- Girl Names That Mean Life
Famous People Named Vida
- Vida Rosedaughter of American artist Craig Kauffman
- Vida PavlovicRomany singer
- Vida Jane Mary GoldsteinAustralian politician, suffragist & social reformer
- Vida Alves McConaugheydaughter of Matthew McConaughey & Camila Alves
- Vida Amber Betty (born 2018)daughter of Michael Bublé and Luisana Lopilato
- Vida Guerra (born 1974) CubanAmerican glamour model
Vida in Pop Culture
- Petform of Davida, used independently since the 1860s, originally used in Scotland, but steadily used elsewhere
- Vida Bohemea New York drag queen played by Patrick Swayze in the 1995 movie "To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar"
- "Viva la Vida" a song by Coldplay
- Vida RoccaPink Ranger of Power Rangers Mystic Force
- Vidaa character in "The Darkest Minds" series
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.