Rivka Origin and Meaning
The name Rivka is a girl's name of Hebrew origin meaning "to tie, bind".
A traditional name still used in Orthodox families. Rivka is the original form of Rebekah or Rebecca, today used far more widely than the original. Rifka is a variation.
# 805 in the US
Rivka Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Rivka
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Rivka.
Lists containing Rivka
Famous People Named Rivka
- Rivka GalchenCanadian,American novelist
- Rivka YahavIsraeli psychologist
- Rivka Keren (born Katalin Friedländer)Hungarian,Israeli novelist
- Rivka OxmanIsraeli architect
- Rivka Basman BenHayim, Lithuanian,Israeli poet
- Rivka Bertisch MeirAmerican psychologist
- Rivka GolaniIsraeli violist
- Rivka RavitzIsraeli political advistor
- Rivka Ritchie(b. 2012) daughter of English film director Guy Ritchie
Rivka in Pop Culture
- From the original Hebrew 'Ribkah'now Rebekah, possible meanings are "bound with rope" "ensnarer", "a noose".
- From the Arabicrabqat, "a tie,rope for animals," suggests that as a name it means the beauty by means men are snared or bound.
- The root is found in Hebrew only in the noun meaning "stall" in the phrase "fatted calf" or "calf of the stall"and in view of the meaning of names like Rachel and Eglah the name Rebekah might well mean a "tied,up calf or lamb" one peculiarly choice and fat, suggesting that as a name it refers to her being a prime choice as a wife.
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.