Scottish"Scottish island name"
Rhona Origin and Meaning
The name Rhona is a girl's name of Scottish origin meaning "Scottish island name".
Possibly started life as a short form of Rhonwen, but most likely derives from the name of the Hebridean island Rona, which means "rough island".
20 Names Similar to Rhona
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Rhona.
Lists containing Rhona
Famous People Named Rhona
- Rhona BennettAmerican singer of group En Vogue
- Rhona Natasha MitraEnglish actress/model
- Rhona CameronScottish comedian
- Rhona FoxGuyanese,American actress
- Rhona AdairIrish golfer
- (Alice Gwendoline) Rhona HaszardNew Zealand painter
Rhona in Pop Culture
- Rhona Dinsmoreminor character in the video game Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag
- Rhona Goskirkcharacter from the British soap "Emmerdale"
- "A name of uncertain origin which began to be used in Britain in the 1870s. The name Rona appeared at the same time and it is therefore reasonable to connect the twoespecially since both were much used in Scotland. This would make the origin of the name a Scottish place,name, itself derived from Old Norse hraun,ey 'rough isle.' " (Source: The Facts on File Dictionary of First Names, 1983)