Philippine Origin and Meaning
The name Philippine is a girl's name of French, Polish origin meaning "lover of horses".
Philippine would be taken as an ethnic identification rather than a name in the U.S. Better try Philippa, though if you don't mind eternally correcting people, Philippine can make an interesting alternative. Pippa can be a short form of Philippine as well as Philippa.
20 Names Similar to Philippine
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Philippine.
Lists containing Philippine
Famous People Named Philippine
- Saint Rose Philippine DuchesneFrench,American nun
- Philippine Élisabeth Charlotte d'Orléans; Mademoiselle de Beaujolaisgranddaughter of Louis XIV of France
- Philippine CharlottePrincess of Prussia, Duchess of Brunswick,Wolfenbüttel
- Philippine Elisabeth CaesarPrincess of Saxe,Meiningen
- Philippine AntoinettePhilippine Elisabeth, Philippine Louise, and Philippine Wilhelmine, Princesses of Saxe,Meiningen, daughters of Philippine Caesar and Anton Ulrich, Duke of Saxe,Meiningen
- Sophie Philippine Élisabeth JustinePrincess of France, Duchess of Louvois, daughter of Louis XV
- Philippine Auguste AmalieMargravine of Brandenburg,Schwedt, Landgravine of Hesse,Kassel
- Philippina "Pina" Bauschhighly influential modern dancer and choreographer
- Elisabeth Phillipine Keesebergmember of the Donner Party
- Inès Philippine Alexia Krusbæk (b. 2011)great,great,great,granddaughter of Grand Duchess Charlotte of Luxembourg
Philippine in Pop Culture
- The Philippinesa Southeast Asian country in the Western Pacific, comprising more than 7,000 islands
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.