Pelham Origin and Meaning
The name Pelham is a boy's name of English origin meaning "tannery town".
Pelham, a place-name surname, could work well as a first, despite its slightly arrogant air. It's what the P in P.G. Wodehouse stands for.
20 Names Similar to Pelham
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Pelham.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Famous People Named Pelham
- Pelham Grenville "P.G." WodehouseEnglish novelist
- Pelham Francis "Plum" WarnerEnglish cricketer
- Pelham HumfreyEnglish composer
- Pelham George "P.G." von DonopBritish officer and footballer; godfather to P.G. Wodehouse
Pelham in Pop Culture
- "The Taking of Pelham 123" novel by Morton Freedgood, filmed in 1973 and 2009
- Herbert “Bertie” Pelham5th Marquess of Hexham, character on TV's Downton Abbey