Pansy Origin and Meaning
The name Pansy is a girl's name of English origin meaning "thought".
Pansy is an early floral name that lost credibility when it became a derogatory slang term for gays. Better these days: Posy or Poppy.
20 Names Similar to Pansy
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Pansy.
Lists containing Pansy
Famous People Named Pansy
- Lady Pansy LambEnglish writer
- Pansy Yu Fong WongNew Zealand politician
- Pansy Catalina Ho (Chiuking), Macau business magnate
Pansy in Pop Culture
- Pansy Parkinsoncharacter in the "Harry Potter" series
- "Pansy Potter The Strongman's Daughter" comic strip in British magazine The Beano
- Related: PensÉe
- Pansy Osmondcharacter in Henry James's novel "The Portrait of a Lady"
- Pansy O'Hara was the original name of "Gone with the Wind" heroine Scarlett O'Hara; Margaret Mitchell's publisher asked her to change the name just before the story went to print.