Nan Origin and Meaning
The name Nan is a girl's name of English origin.
Bobbsey Twins-era nickname name that could find new life via Nan, heroine of The Nanny Diaries. Nan was also the nickname of Annabel St George, the protagonist of Edith Wharton's novel "The Buccaneers".
20 Names Similar to Nan
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Nan.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Nan
Famous People Named Nan
- Nan Alison Sutter HayworthU.S. Congresswoman from New York
- Nan Wood HoneymanU.S. Congresswoman from New York
- Katherine Ann "Nan" MerrimanAmerican operatic mezzo,soprano
- Nan Ahearn TaleseAmerican book editor
- Nan C. RobertsonAmerican journalist and author
- Nanna Popham "Nan" Brittonmistress of U.S. President Warren Harding and mother of their child
- Nan KempnerAmerican socialite
- Nan MartinAmerican actress
- Nannerl "Nan" Overholser KeohaneAmerican academic and university president
- Nannie Dorothea "Nan" Hinkle PhelpsAmerican folk artist
Nan in Pop Culture
- Nan Flanagancharacter on the TV show "True Blood"
- Nana character in Huntley Fitzpatrick's novel "My Life Next Door"
- Nancharacter in "American Horror Story: Coven," played by Jamie Brewer
- Nanone of the names of Arya Stark in "Game of Thrones"
- Anne "Nan" Blythedaughter of Anne in the "Anne of Green Gables" series
- Nan Merrimanyounger sister of Felicity Merriman in American Girl's "Felicity" series
- Annabel "Nan" St. Georgecharacter in "The Buccaneers"