Morris Origin and Meaning
A more distingushed namesake is Morris (Mo) Udall, an influential congressman, and, from literature, Morris Townsend in the Henry James novel Washington Square, which was made into a movie titled "The Heiress," with Montgomery Clift playing the part.
The usual nicknames for Morris are Morrie/Maury or Moe; a more distinctive one would be Moss. Morrie Schwartz, subject of the bestseller Tuesdays with Morrie was born Morris.
20 Names Similar to Morris
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Morris
Famous People Named Morris
- Morris Lee ClaiborneAmerican NFL football player
- Morris Lamont ChestnutJr., American actor
- Morris E. DayAmerican R&B musician of The Time
- Morrispen name of Maurice De Bevere, Belgian cartoonist
- Morris "Morrie" Schwartzsubject of Mitch Albom's "Tuesdays with Morrie"
Morris in Pop Culture
- Morris the Catadvertising mascot for 9Lives brand cat food, voiced by John Erwin
- Morris O'Briancharacter from the TV's "24"
- Morristown in Connecticut