Merton Origin and Meaning
The name Merton is a boy's name of English origin meaning "town by the lake".
Sounds like a displaced Dr. Seuss character.
Lists containing Merton
Famous People Named Merton
- Merton Howard MillerAmerican economist; winner of the Nobel Prize
- Merton Edward HanksAmerican NFL football player
- Merton Elmer LewisAmerican lawyer and politician
- Merton Daniel SimpsonAmerican painter
- Merton M. SealtsJr., American literary critic
- Thomas Merton. American Catholic writermystic, and Trappist monk
- Robert Cox MertonAmerican economist; winner of the Nobel Prize
Merton in Pop Culture
- Merton Densherengaged to Kate Croy in The Wings of a Dove (1902) by Henry James; 'character in part based on Ford Madox Ford'