Marcellus Origin and Meaning
The name Marcellus is a boy's name of French origin meaning "young warrior".
This ancient Roman family name, first borne by the distinguished Marcus Claudius Marcellus and later by two popes, is a possibilty in the hot new category of names from antiquity.
# 934 in the US
Marcellus Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Marcellus
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Marcellus.
Lists containing Marcellus
Famous People Named Marcellus
- Saint Marcellus of Tangier3rd century Roman martyr
- Marcellus I and IIpopes
- Marcus Claudius Marcellusseveral Roman statesmen and generals
- Marcellus Empiricus5th century Gaulish medical writer
- Marcellus Vernon WileyAmerican football player
- Marcellus HallAmerican musician and illustrator
- Marcellus McCarver aka Celly CelAmerican rapper
- Marcellus Ephraim JonesAmerican soldier who fired the first shot at the Battle of Gettysburg
- Marcellus CoffermansFlemish painter
- Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr.birth name of Muhammad Ali, American boxer
Marcellus in Pop Culture
- Marcellus Wallischaracter in movie "Pulp Fiction"
- Marcellus Shalecontroversial underground source of natural gas that is at the center of the hydraulic fracturing debate
- Marcellus GallioRoman tribune of the 1953 movie, "The Robe" played by Richard Burton
- Marcellus "Marcel" Gerardcharacter in TV's "The Originals"
- Marcellusminor characters in Shakespeare's "Hamlet" and "Julius Caesar"
- Marcellus Washburncharacter in The Music Man