Mairead Origin and Meaning
The name Mairead is a girl's name meaning "pearl".
Pronounced MAW-rayt or ma-REYD, Mairead is close enough to Maureen to be accepted here. The name became popular in Ireland due to admiration for the saint of that name. Peig and Peigi are its Irish-language nicknames.
20 Names Similar to Mairead
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Mairead.
Lists containing Mairead
Famous People Named Mairead
- Mairead McKinleyIrish actress
- Mairead NesbittAmerican fiddler with the group Celtic Woman
- Mairéad Ní MhaonaighIrish fiddler and lead vocalist for the group Altan
- Mairead Corrigan MaguireNorthern Irish winner of the Nobel Peace Prize
- Mairead CarlinIrish singer of group Celtic Woman
- Mairead McGuinnessIrish MEP
- Mairéad ByrneIrish poet
- Mairead ConlonIrish singer
- Mairead CurranAustralian actress
- Mairead nighean EachannCountess of Buchan
- Máiréad Ní GhrádaIrish poet
Mairead in Pop Culture
- Maireadmain character in the Books of Pellinor by Alison Croggon
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.