Spanish and Portuguese variation of Eleanor, English, meaning unknown"lioness"
Leonor Origin and Meaning
The name Leonor is a girl's name of Spanish origin.
This streamlined variation of Eleanor is common in Spanish- and Portuguese-speaking countries, particularly Portugal itself, where it has ranked among the Top 3 baby girl names for over a decade.
20 Names Similar to Leonor
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Leonor.
Lists containing Leonor
- Cool Baby Names That Start With L
- Gorgeous Alternatives to Georgia
- Names to Substitute for Josephine
- Classic Baby Names with a Twist
- Stylish Girl Names That End in Consonants
- Uncommon Girl Names in the US
- Exoticized Names
- European Names
- Royal Baby Names for Your Little Prince or Princess
- Royal Names for Girls
- Cool International Girl Names
Famous People Named Leonor
- Leonor de Todos los Santos de Borbón y OrtizPrincess of Asturias (b. 2005), daughter of King Felipe VI and heiress presumptive of Spain
- Leonor Telles de Menesesqueen consort of Ferdinand I of Portugal
- Leonor FiniArgentine painter
- Leonor Elizabeth Ceballos WatlingSpanish actress and singer
- Leonor Varela PilmeChilean actress
- Leonor Kretzer SullivanU.S. Congresswoman from Missouri
- Leonor Rivera–Kipping“lover by correspondence” of Philippine national hero José Rizal
- Leonor Oyarzún IvanovicFirst Lady of Chile as wife of President Patricio Aylwin
- Leonor Maia (born Maria da Conceição de Vasconcelos)Portuguese actress
- Leonor López de CórdobaSpanish memoirist, adviser and confidant of Queen Catalina of Castile
- Leonor Gonzalez MinaAfro,Colombian singer
Leonor in Pop Culture
- Leonor Greylbeauty company