Lafayette Origin and Meaning
The name Lafayette is a boy's name of French origin meaning "faith".
Foppish name with a distinguished forebear, French general Marquis de Lafayette, who fought in the American Revolution. It accounts for the L in L. Ron Hubbard. Old-time short form: Fayette or Fate.
20 Names Similar to Lafayette
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Lafayette.
Lists containing Lafayette
Famous People Named Lafayette
- Lafayette Ronald "L. Ron" HubbardAmerican author and founder of Scientology
- MarieJoseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier de La Fayette, Marquis de La Fayette , French aristocrat and hero of the American Revolution
- Lafayette YoungU.S. Senator from Iowa
- Lafayette Sabine FosterU.S. Senator from Connecticut
- Lafayette Curry BakerAmerican investigator and Civil War spy
- Lafayette GuildU.S. Civil War surgeon and yellow fever pioneer
- Lafayette LaneU.S. Congressman from Oregon
- LaFayette "Fayette" McMullenU.S. Congressman from Virginia; 2nd governor of Washington Territory
- Lafayette Benedict MendelAmerican biochemist
- Lafayette "Fat" LeverAmerican basketball player
- Lafayette H. "Reb" RussellAmerican NFL football player
Lafayette in Pop Culture
- Lafayette Reynoldscharacter on TV's "True Blood"
- Lafayettehound dog in Disney's "The AristoCats"
- Lafayette Kettle"Secretary of the Watertoast Institution, of presumptuous ignorance and unabashed vulgarity," in "Martin Chuzzlewit" (1844) by Charles Dickens
- Lafayette Joynergrandfather to George Webber in Thomas Wolfe's "You Can't Go Home Again" (1941)
- LafayetteLouisiana (pronounced "la,fee,ETT" , first syllable sounds like the word "laugh")