Kurt Origin and Meaning
The name Kurt is a boy's name of German origin meaning "courteous, polite".
A name that defines itself, a bit more curt in the harder K version.
20 Names Similar to Kurt
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Kurt.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Famous People Named Kurt
- Kurt Donald CobainAmerican musician of band Nirvana
- Kurt VonnegutAmerican author
- Kurtis Eugene "Kurt" WarnerAmerican NFL player
- Kurt Vogel RussellAmerican actor
- Kurt AlderGerman chemist and Nobel prize winner
- Kurtis "Kurt" FullerAmerican actor
- Kurtis Kiyoshi "Kurt" SuzukiAmerican baseball player
- Kurt WuthrichSwiss chemist and Nobel Prize winner
- Kurt Hugo SchneiderAmerican musician
- Kurt Friedrich Gödellogician, mathematician, and philosopher
- Kurt Steven AngleAmerican pro wrestler
- Kurt Thomas BuschAmerican NASCAR driver
- Kurt Samuel VileAmerican singer,songwriter
Kurt in Pop Culture
- Kurt HummelChris Colfer's character on TV's "Glee"
- Kurt von Trappfourth child in "The Sound of Music" ("That's the one I left out! God bless Kurt.")
- Kurt MartinZack and Cody's father on "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody" and "The Suite Life on Deck"
- Dwight Kurt SchruteRainn Wilson's character on TV's "The Office"
- Kurt Wagner aka NightcrawlerMarvel comics character
- Kurtcharacter from the movie "Ant,Man"