Ingo Origin and Meaning
The name Ingo is a boy's name of German origin meaning "protected by Yngvi".
An unusual name heard in contemporary Germany, the Netherlands, and Scandinavia, it's the male version of the more familiar Inga. It's the name of a German god, and attached to German-born soap star Ingo Rademacher--the father of sons named Peanut and Pohaku Zen.
20 Names Similar to Ingo
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Ingo.
Lists containing Ingo
Famous People Named Ingo
- Ingo RademacherGerman,American actor
- Ingo Douglas SwannAmerican psychic
- Ingo SteuerGerman pair skater
- Ingo WeißenbornGerman fencer
Ingo in Pop Culture
- Ingo Manfredcharacter in the "Broken Sky" series by L.A. Weatherly