Helene Origin and Meaning
The name Helene is a girl's name of French origin meaning "bright, shining one".
Whether it's pronounced with an "een" or an "aine" or an "enn" sound at the end, Helene doesn't feel as current the more forthright Helen or the airier Helena. Helene reached a high of Number 228 in the US in 1916, when ene, ine and een names were all the fashion, and stayed in the Top 500 until 1962, making a final exit in 1970. It still ranks well in its native France, and even more in Norway (#70). Model Heidi Klum's daughter 'Leni' has Helene on her birth certificate.
20 Names Similar to Helene
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Helene.
Lists containing Helene
Famous People Named Helene
- Hélène Louise HenriettePrincess of Orléans; Duchess of Aosta; daughter of Prince Philippe
- Hélène CixousFrench feminist poet, writer and philosopher
- Helene Emma MadisonAmerican Olympic swimmer
- Helene EngelmannAustrian figure skater
- Hélène GrimaudFrench pianist
- Helene FischerGerman singer
- Hélène ConwayMouret, French Senator
- Hélène FlautreFrench MEP
- Hélène GoudinSwedish MEP
- Hélène LeBlancCanadian MP
- Hélène LaverdièreCanadian MP
- Helene MayerGerman Olympic fencer
- Helene RotherGerman auto designer
- Hélène JoyAustralian,Canadian actress
- Helene WhiteU.S. federal judge
- Anna Helene PaquinNew Zealand actress
- Helene Boshoven Klum Samueldaughter of Heidi Klum and Flavio Briatore
- Helene Claire Stewart (b. 2013)daughter of American actor French Stewart
- Helene DeconninickFrench rhythmic gymnast
Helene in Pop Culture
- Also pronounced like Helay,na
- Helene Kuragincharacter in Leo Tolstoy's "War and Peace"
- Celeste Marie Helene Duboiswitch on TV's "The Originals"
- Helene Aquillacharacter in Sabaa Tahir's "An Ember in the Ashes."
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.