GUR-um-la; GOORM-la; GORM-la;
Gaelic"blue princess or illustrious lady"
Gormlaith Origin and Meaning
The name Gormlaith is a girl's name meaning "blue princess or illustrious lady".
Gormlaith was the wife of the 11th century ruler of Ireland Brian Boru. The name is also used in Scotland. Despite its beautiful meaning, many will find the hard "gorm" sound too much to get past.
20 Names Similar to Gormlaith
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Gormlaith.
Lists containing Gormlaith
Famous People Named Gormlaith
- Gormlaith ingen Murchadathird wife of Brian Boru, High King of Ireland
- Gormlaith ingen Conaing mac FlainnQueen of Tara, first wife of Flann Sinna, High,King of Ireland
- Gormflaith ingen Flann SinnaQueen of Tara
Gormlaith in Pop Culture
- Gormlaith Gauntcharacter in J.K. Rowling's "Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry"
- Anglicized as Gormley and Gormeleyit survived into the 17th century.