Glenn Origin and Meaning
The name Glenn is a boy's name of Scottish, Aboriginal origin meaning "valley".
Glenn appealed to a lot of post-World War II parents for its cool, leafy image, also calling up the Big Band sounds of Glenn Miller and the calm, composed image of actor Glenn Ford, whose name at birth was the Welsh Gwyllyn. It could possible be in line for a comeback in the more nature-evoking spelling of Glen, as used by Glen Campbell, or possibly even the Welsh Glyn.
20 Names Similar to Glenn
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Glenn.
Lists containing Glenn
Famous People Named Glenn
- Glenn Franklin Howerton IIIAmerican Actor, Writer, Producer, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.
- (Alton) Glenn MillerAmerican musician and bandleader
- Glenn Lee BeckAmerican TV host
- Gwyllyn Samuel Newton "Glenn" FordAmerican actor
- Glenn Bolton aka DaddyO, American rapper
- Glenn Martin Christopher Francis QuinnIrish actor
- Glenn Theodore SeaborgAmerican chemist; winner of the Nobel Prize
- Glenn Danzig (born Glenn Allen Anzalone)American musician of bands the Misfits, Samhain, and Danzig
- Glenn Lewis FreyAmerican musician of The Eagles
- Glenn WorfAmerican country music bassist
- Glenn Henry "Mr. Goalie" HallCanadian ice hockey player
Glenn in Pop Culture
- Glenn Rheecharacter on AMC's "The Walking Dead," played by Steven Yeun
- Glenn Rheecharacter from "The Walking Dead" comic books, by Robert Kirkman
- Glenncharacter from "The Walking Dead Game"
- Glenn Marchandfrom movie "Snow Angels"
- Glenn Masterscharacter from Star of Babylon, by Barbara Wood
- Glenn Quagmirecharacter from "Family Guy"
- Glenn Foycharacter on TV's Ally McBeal
- Glenn Sturgischaracter on TV's "Superstore"
- Glenn Fraldariuscharacter in Fire Emblem Three Houses video game
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.