English"son of William"
Fitzwilliam Origin and Meaning
The name Fitzwilliam is a boy's name of English origin meaning "son of William".
The Christian name of the dashing Mr. Darcy in Pride and Prejudice— it was his mother's maiden name— is just one of several Fitz names, including Fitzroy, Fitzgerald, Fitzpatrick, that could be used to honor a dad named William, Roy, Gerald or Patrick.
20 Names Similar to Fitzwilliam
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Fitzwilliam.
Lists containing Fitzwilliam
- Literary Boy Names
- Geek Chic Names for Boys
- Jane Austen Names for Boys
- Jane Austen Baby Names
- Literary Baby Names
- Unique Cat Names
- Baby Names from Books
Famous People Named Fitzwilliam
- Fitzwilliam Coningsby17th century English MP
- William Fitzwilliam OwenBritish naval officer and explorer
- Arthur Fitzwilliam TaitEnglish,American artist
Fitzwilliam in Pop Culture
- Fitzwilliam Darcyhero of Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice"
- Fitzwilliam P. Dalton IIIcharacter in the Pirates of the Caribbean book series by Rob Kidd
- Nathaniel Fitzwilliam "Nate" Archibalda main character in the Gossip Girl series