Fielding Origin and Meaning
The name Fielding is a boy's name of English origin.
Fielding isn't an occupational name, exactly, though it does relate to someone who works in or lives in a Field. Although there have been a handful of people, real and fictional, with the first name Fielding, the most famous Fielding is eighteenth century writer Henry Fielding, author of Tom Jones.
20 Names Similar to Fielding
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Fielding.
Lists containing Fielding
Famous People Named Fielding
- Fielding Harris YostAmerican college football coach
- Fielding Lewis WrightAmerican politician, governor of Mississippi and vice presidential candidate
- Fielding Hudson GarrisonAmerican medical historian
- Henry FieldingEnglish writer
- Noel Fieldingcomedian.
- Harry Fielding ReidAmerican geophysicist
- Joseph Fielding Smithformer prophet of the LDS (Mormon) church
Fielding in Pop Culture
- Fielding Carlylecharacter in TV's "Flamingo Road"
- Fielding Piercelead character in the film "Waking the Dead"