Evadne Origin and Meaning
The name Evadne is a girl's name of Greek origin meaning "pleasing one".
In Greek mythology, Evadne was the daughter of Poseidon. Evadne also appears in literature (Mary Shelley's "The Last Man") and has a pop culture reference as the cousin of Wonder Woman. A more unusual alternative to other Greek "-ee" names like Ariadne, Daphne and Penelope. The trendy "Ev" sound makes this a lovely choice in a world of Evelyns, Evangelines and Everlys.
20 Names Similar to Evadne
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Evadne.
Lists containing Evadne
Famous People Named Evadne
- Evadne Grace PriceAustralian novelist
- Evadne BakerSouth African actress
- Evadne de SilvaSri Lankan Senator and philanthropist
Evadne in Pop Culture
- Evadneseveral Greek mythological figures; including the mother of Iamus by Apollo
- Evadnesister of Melantius and Diphilus in "The Maid's Tragedy" (1611) by Beaumont and Fletcher
- Dr. Evadne Hingecharacter created by female impersonator George Logan in the duo Hinge and Bracket
- EvadneWonder Woman's cousin on TV's "Wonder Woman"
- Evadnemain character in Rebecca West's short story "Indissoluble Matrimony"
- Evadnecharacter in Mary Shelley's The Last Man
- Evadne Claphamminor character in Anthony Powell's A Dance to the Music of Time
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.