German variation of Ernest"serious, resolute"
Ernst Origin and Meaning
The name Ernst is a boy's name of German, Swedish origin.
Concise and clipped European version of the earnest Ernest.
20 Names Similar to Ernst
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Ernst.
Lists containing Ernst
Famous People Named Ernst
- Ernst Eduard KummerGerman mathematician
- Ernst Heinrich Philipp August HaeckelGerman biologist
- Ernst AngelAustralian poet & psychologist
- Ernst Werner von SiemensGerman entrepeneur
- Ernst Boris ChainGerman physiologist; winner of the Nobel Prize
- Ernst Otto FischerGerman chemist; winner of the Nobel Prize
- Ernst August Friedrich RuskaGerman physicist; winner of the Nobel Prize
- (Ernst) Ingmar BergmanSwedish director
- Ernst HaasGerman photographer
- Ernst LubitschGerman,American film director
- Ernst Kasimir Friedrich Karl EberhardCount of Lippe,Biesterfeld
- Richard R. ErnstGerman chemist and Nobel laureate
- Alex ErnstInternet Comedian
Ernst in Pop Culture
- Ernst Stavro Blofeldsupervillain the James Bond series
- Ernst Robelcharacter from musical 'Spring Awakening'
- Ernst Volgercharacter in the Leviathan series by Scott Westerfeld
- Ernst Robinsoncharacter in book/film "The Swiss Family Robinson"
- Ernst and Youngprofessional accounting firm