Elvira Origin and Meaning
Other references include the romantic film Elvira Madigan, based on a real person, and the main ghostly character in Noel Coward's Blithe Spirit, as well as appearances in several operas.
Elvira was in common use in the US in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, remaining in the Top 1000 until 1981; it's still popular in Scandinavia, ranking Number 39 in Sweden.
20 Names Similar to Elvira
Lists containing Elvira
Famous People Named Elvira
- ElviraMistress of the Dark, stage name of Cassandra Peterson, American actress and TV personality
- Elvira "Elli" ParvoItalian actress
- Elvira MinguezSpanish actress
- Elvira DonesAlbanian novelist and screenwriter
- Elvira Devinamira WirayantiMiss Indonesia 2014
- Elvira PossekelGerman Olympic runner
- Elvira Zurabovna ToduaRussian footballer
- Elvira Kunismother of American actress Mila Kunis
- Elvira Madiganstage name of Danish tightrope walker Hedvig Jensen
- Elvira RahicBosnian folk,pop singer
- Elvira WayansAmerican TV writer
Elvira in Pop Culture
- Elviracharacter in some of the operas and poems on Don Juan
- Elvira Hancockcharacter in movie "Scarface"
- Elvira Slayercharacter in "Sims" series
- Elvirasong by the "Oak Ridge Boys"
- Elviracharacter in Helen Dunmore's 'Ingo' books
- Elvira Martinezmain character in Mexican film 'Elvira, te daría mi vida pero la estoy usando'