Eliezer Origin and Meaning
The name Eliezer is a boy's name of Hebrew origin meaning "God helps".
Biblical name with a patina of antiquity.
# 993 in the US
Eliezer Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Eliezer
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Eliezer.
Lists containing Eliezer
Famous People Named Eliezer
- Eliezerson of Becher, grandson of Benjamin, great,grandson of Jacob (1 Chr. 7:8)
- Eliezerpriest in King David's time (1 Chr. 15:24)
- Eliezerprophet in King Jehoshaphat's reign (2 Chr. 20:37)
- Eliezeruler of the Reubenites and son of Zichri (1 Chr. 27:16)
- EliezerLevite in Ezra's time (Ezra 10:23)
- Eliezer ben Jacob ITanna of the 1st century
- Eliezer ben Hurcanusa Kohen, one of the most prominent tannaim of the 1st and 2nd centuries
- Eliezer ben Jose2nd century Judean rabbi
- Eliezer ben Isaac haGadol, 11th century German rabbi
- Eliezer ben Samuel of MetzGerman Tosafist, author of the halachic work Sefer Yereim (Vilna 1892)
- Eliezer "Elie" WieselRomanian,American author and Holocaust survivor
- Eliezer KaplanZionist activist, Israeli politician, one of the signatories of the Israeli declaration of independence, first Minister of Finance and Deputy Prime Minister.
- Eliezer Ben‑YehudaLitvak lexicographer and newspaper editor
- Eliezer Shlomo YudkowskyAmerican decision theorist, writer, and advocate for Friendly artificial intelligence
- Eliezer ben Nathan of MainzGerman halakist and liturgical poet
- Eliezer Yehuda WaldenbergIsraeli known as the Tzitz Eliezer after his monumental halachic treatise Tzitz Eliezer.
- Eliezer ben Yoel HaLevi of BonnGerman Rabbinic scholar
- Eliezer BerkovitsRomanian,Israeli rabbi, theologian, and educator
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.