Delaney Origin and Meaning
The name Delaney is a girl's name of Irish origin meaning "dark challenger".
Delaney has been a popular Irish surname name for a couple of decades, projecting buoyant enthusiasm plus a feminine feel.
# 312 in the US
Delaney Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Delaney
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Delaney.
Lists containing Delaney
Famous People Named Delaney
- Delaney CollinsCanadian hockey player
- Delaney GibsonAmerican singer/songwriter
- Delaney Katherine McBride (b. 1994)daughter of singer Martina McBride
- Delaney Buchwald (b. 1995)daughter of singer Marty Balin of Jefferson Airplane
- Delaney Gillespie (b. 2012)daughter of cricketer Jason Gillespie
- Sarah Delaney Buffett (b. 1992)daughter of singer Jimmy Buffett
Delaney in Pop Culture
- Delaney "Lane" Park McEvoymain character in Kat Falls' "Inhuman."
- "Delaney" song by YouTube band Cimorelli
- "Miss Delaney" song by the band Jack's Mannequin
- Amanda Delaneyminor character in Baby Sitter's Club series
- Jess Delaneymain character in Mother,Daughter Book Club series by Heather Vogel Frederick
- "Delaney Talks to Statues" song by singer Jimmy Buffet