Dashiell, though missing from many other name sources, is among the hottest new names, chosen by such celebs as Cate Blanchett and author Helen (Bridget Jones) Fielding. With its great dash and panache, Dashiell is associated with detective writer Dashiell Hammett (born Samuel, as in Sam Spade, Dashiell being his mother's maiden name). Alice Cooper was ahead of the game: He named his son Dashiell in 1985.
For those still confused about the pronunciation, it's kind of similar to castle or bashful. And anyone can pronounce Dash, which is such a dashing nickname.
Lists containing Dashiell:
- Hot Celebrity Baby Names
- Names All Your Friends Will Think Are Cool
- Coolator for Boys' Names
- Yupster Baby Names for Boys
- Literary Baby Names Inspired by Authors
- Hipster Baby Names
- Pixar Baby Names
- Literary Baby Names
- Cool Classic Boys’ Names — 100+ below the Top 1000
- Favorite Names on Nameberry