Dabney Origin and Meaning
The name Dabney is a boy's name of French origin meaning "from Aubigny".
Dapper-sounding choice with old American roots (Dabney Cosby was a 19th century Virginian architect who worked with Thomas Jefferson on some of that state's most iconic buildings). Dabney Montgomery was Martin Luther King Jr's bodyguard, giving this name yet more American history depth. Dab is a sweet nickname option for this name.
20 Names Similar to Dabney
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Dabney.
Lists containing Dabney
Famous People Named Dabney
- Dabney Wharton ColemanAmerican actor
- Dabney Carrbest friend and brother,in,law of US Founding Father Thomas Jefferson
- Dabney CarrAmerican jurist; son of the above
- Dabney Herndon MauryUS Confederate Civil War general
- Dabney dos SantosDutch footballer
- (Patricia) Dabney Langhorne Friedrichfemale US federal judge
Dabney in Pop Culture
- Dabney Donovanvillain in DC Comics
- Dabney Birdsongcharacter in "The Romantic Comedians" (1926) by Ellen Glasgow
- Humperdink Dabney "Grandpa" Duckcharacter in Disney's Donald Duck comics
- Dabney Fairchilda fresh and beautiful 17,year,old girl in Eudora Welty's "Delta Wedding" (1946)
- Mrs. Dabneycharacter on TV's "Good Luck Charlie"