Congo Origin and Meaning
The name Congo is a boy's name of African origin meaning "gather".
Not long ago, the name of this central African republic was firmly in place-name territory and not seen as baby appropriate. But those boundaries are moving so quickly that all kinds of place-names that were once not considered as baby names, from Alaska to Morocco to Chicago to, yes, Congo are on the list. The place-name Congo is taken from the people and language of the Kingdom of Kongo. In that language, the word kongo means "gather".
20 Names Similar to Congo
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Congo.
Lists containing Congo
Famous People Named Congo
- Kid Congo Powers (born Brian Tristan)American guitarist with The Cramps and the Bad Seeds
- Louis Congo18th century executioner in Louisiana, USA
Congo in Pop Culture
- "Congo" novel by Michael Crichton and 1995 movie
- Congochimpanzee artist in the London Zoo
- Congoriver and two countries in Africa
- "Congo" song by Genesis
- Congoa voodoo spirit