German and French feminine form of Christian"follower of Christ"
Christiane Origin and Meaning
The name Christiane is a girl's name of German, French origin.
There are not one but two notable modern women with this name: journalist Christiane Amanpour and physician/author Christiane Northrup. In Germany, the pronunciation is kris-tee-AH-na while in France, it's kris-tee-AHN — and in the U.S., there's sure to be confusion. While Christiane is not stylish, it's a strong, attractive, unusual-though-familiar name.
20 Names Similar to Christiane
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Christiane.
Lists containing Christiane
Famous People Named Christiane
- Christiane Eberhardine of BrandenburgBayreuth, Queen consort of Augustus II of Poland
- Christiane AmanpourBritish,Iranian TV journalist
- Christiane Maria dos Santos TorloniBrazilian actress
- Christiane NussleinVolhard, German biologist and winner of the Nobel Prize
- Christiane JolissaintSwiss tennis player
- Christiane SoederGerman,Austrian cyclist
- Christiane F. (born Vera Christiane Felscherinow)German actress, basis for the book/film "We Children from Bahnhof Zoo"
- Christiane DemontésFrench Senator
- Christiane HummelFrench Senator
- Christiane KammermannFrench Senator
- Christiane TaubiraFrench Minister of Justice
- Christiane MercelisBelgian tennis player
- Christiane GuhelFrench ice dancer
- Christiane NorthrupAmerican physician and author
- Christiane KrauseGerman Olympic runner
- Christiane Friederike Wilhelmine "Minna (Minchen)" HerzliebGerman foster,daughter of publisher Karl Ernst Friedrich Frommann and muse of Goethe
More Lists containing Christiane
- German Names
- French Names
- German Names for Girls
- French Names for Girls
- 10 Letter Girl Names
- Girl Names Ending in E
- Names That Mean Feminine
- Names That Mean Form
- Two Syllable Names for Girls
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.