Latin and French"fair Christian"
Christabel Origin and Meaning
The name Christabel is a girl's name of Latin origin meaning "fair Christian".
Though Isabel is a smash hit, Christabel still hasn't been fully embraced. It was originally popularized in England via the Coleridge poem Christabel ("whom her father loves so well") and was given to the poet's granddaughter. Christabel Pankhurst was a famous U.K. suffragist.
20 Names Similar to Christabel
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Christabel.
Lists containing Christabel
- Belle and Bella Names
- Romantic Baby Names for Girls
- Cool Names That Mean Blond
- Girly Girl Baby Names
- Names That Mean White or Fair
- Movie Character Names
- Magical Christmas Baby Names
Famous People Named Christabel
- Christabel PankhurstEnglish suffragist
- Christabel BielenbergEnglish,German writer and Nazi resistor
- Christabel MarshallEnglish suffragist
- Christabel Rose ColeridgeEnglish novelist and granddaughter of Samuel Coleridge
- Christabel CockerellEnglish painter
- Christabel Burnistonfounder of the English Speaking Board
- Christabel Gertrude MarshallEnglish suffragist and playwright
- Princess Alice Christabel (née Montagu Douglas Scott)Duchess of Gloucester
- Princess Alexandra Helen Elizabeth Olga Christabelthe Hon. Lady Ogilvie
Christabel in Pop Culture
- "Christabel" 1816 poem by Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- Christabel LaMottecharacter in A.S. Byatt's novel "Possession"
- Cristabellcharacter in the 14th,century romance "Sir Eglamour of Artois"