Scottish and English"from the burnt house"
Burns Origin and Meaning
The name Burns is a boy's name of Scottish origin meaning "from the burnt house".
The final s turns this name into a manservant.
Famous People Named Burns
- Robert Burnsnational Scottish poet and lyricist
- Pete BurnsEnglish singer and songwriter, particularly known for being the frontman of the band "Dead or Alive"
- Burns MantleAmerican theatre critic
- Robert Burns Woodwardwinner of the Nobel Prize in Chemistry
- Kenneth Lauren "Ken" Burnsan American filmmaker, known for his style of using archival footage and photographs in documentary films
Burns in Pop Culture
- Rupert Burnscharacter form "Bicentennial Man"
- Charles Montgomery "Monty" Burns (Mr. Burns)character from 'The Simpsons'
- Heath Burnsson of the fire elementals in "Monster High" show and series