Bertrand Origin and Meaning
The name Bertrand is a boy's name of German, French origin meaning "magnificent crow".
This name of famed philosopher, mathematician and Nobel laureate Bertrand Russell becomes slightly more plausible with the French pronunciation, bare-TRAHN. Another noted bearer is French director and screenwriter Bertrand Tavernier.
20 Names Similar to Bertrand
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Bertrand.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Bertrand
Famous People Named Bertrand
- Bertrand Arthur William Russell3rd Earl Russell, British philosopher and writer; winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature
- BertrandFrançois Mahé, comte de La Bourdonnais, French naval officer and administrator
- Bertrand GachotFrench racing driver
- Bertrand BlierFrench film director and screenwriter
- Bertrand Barère (de Vieuzac)French politician and revolutionary figure
- Bertrand AubanFrench Senator
- Bertrand Isidore TraoréBurkinabé footballer
- Bertrand BaguetteBelgian racing driver
- Bertrand CantatFrench musician
- Bertrand Edward Dawson1st Viscount Dawson of Penn, physician to the British Royal Family
- Raymond Bertrand de Gotbirth name of Pope Clement V
- Bertrand du GuesclinFrench Breton knight and commander during the Hundred Years' War
- Bertrand PoncetFrench lead singer of band Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!
Bertrand in Pop Culture
- Bertrand Baudelairecharacter in the Series of Unfortunate Events series.