Amasa Origin and Meaning
The name Amasa is a boy's name meaning "burden".
Amasa is a rare Biblical name borne by two figures. One is the son of Abigail and nephew of King David, who named him commander of the rebels. This Amasa met a tragic end when he was murdered by Joab. The other Biblical Amasa was one of the Children of Ephraim.
20 Names Similar to Amasa
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Amasa.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Amasa
Famous People Named Amasa
- AmasaBiblical nephew of David
- Amasaone of the heads of the children of Ephraim, son of Hadlai (2 Chr. 28:12)
- (Amasa) Leland StanfordAmerican industrialist and governor of California
- Amasa CobbU.S. Congressman from Wisconsin and Civil War officer
- Amasa Coleman Leelawyer and politician, father of novelist Harper Lee and inspiration for her character Atticus Finch
- Amasa WalkerU.S. Congressman from Massachusetts
- Amasa NorcrossU.S. Congressman from Massachusetts
- Amasa Mason LymanAmerican Mormon leader
- Amasa DanaU.S. Congressman from New York
- Amasa Junius ParkerU.S. Congressman and New York Supreme Court justice