Spanish or Basque"high place or end"
Amaia Origin and Meaning
The name Amaia is a girl's name meaning "high place or end".
This pretty and uncommon Basque name is all but unheard of in this country. Amaya is a spelling variation as well as a similar Japanese name meaning "night rain." With the newfound popularity of Amara and Amora, Amaia and Amaya are among the Spanish names for girls we'll be hearing a lot more of in the US.
# 561 in the US
Amaia Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Amaia
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Amaia.
Lists containing Amaia
Famous People Named Amaia
- Amaia MonteroBasque lead singer of band La Oreja de Van Gogh
- Amaia SalamancaSpanish actress
- Amaia OlabarrietaBasque footballer
- Amaia Hosnydaughter of Egyptian singer Tamer Hosny & Basma Bousel
- Mila Rose Amaia Mitchell (b. 2009)daughter of actor Benjamin Mitchell