Bree Origin and Meaning
A short, breezy name with a sophisticated yet upbeat image, that doesn't betray its Irish roots. Bree first came to notice here in 1971 via the complex prostitute character in the movie Klute, which earned Jane Fonda an Oscar. More recently, it was tied to the character of Bree Van de Kamp on Desperate Housewives.
Other recent references include Stephenie Meyer's novella The Short Second Life of Bree Turner in the Twilight series. And in the popular Fancy Nancy children's book series, Bree is Nancy's bff.
The Bree spelling is much preferable to the cheese-related Brie.
Bree Rank in US Top 1000
Bree Rank in Nameberry Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Bree
Famous People Named Bree
- Bree Nicole TurnerAmerican actress
- Bree Olson (born Rachel Marie Oberlin)American actress
- Bree AmerAustralian reality TV personality
- Bree MunroAustralian skier
- Bree SharpAmerican singer,songwriter
- Bree Walker (born Patricia Lynn Nelson)American radio personality and activist
- Bree Joanna Alice Robinsonbirth name of punk rocker Brody Dalle
- Bree EsserigYoutuber and actor on "Nuclear Family" youtube channel
Bree in Pop Culture
- Bree Danielcharacter in 1971 film "Klute"
- Bree Van De Kampcharacter on Desperate Housewives
- Bree Blackburnfrom the movie "The Wild Thornberry's"
- Bree Tannermain character in Stephanie Meyer's Twilight series novella, The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner
- Brianna "Bree" Timminsfrom Australian TV soap "Neighbours"
- Lord of the Rings referencevillage of Bree
- Bree Davenportcharacter in the show "Lab Rats"
- Breea talking horse from the Narnia novel The Horse and His Boy by C. S. Lewis
- Breeone of three main characters in the novel "Every Soul a Star" by Wendy Mass
- Bree Averymain character from the web video series lonelygirl15
- Breecharacter in webcomic Tales from Wheeldust by Egoman Freeman
- Breevillager in the Animal Crossing videogames