Azubah Origin and Meaning
Azubah is one of those unique baby names from the Bible that is both uncommon and usable, especially given that trendy letter Z in the middle. Azubah's sad meaning may be a strike against it. There were two figures named Azubah in the Bible, one the wife of Caleb and the other the mother of Jehoshaphat (as in Jumping).
Famous People Named Azubah
- Azubahwife of Caleb the son of Hezron of the tribe of Judah (1 Chr. 2:18)
- Azubahmother of Judean King Jehoshaphat
Azubah in Pop Culture
- See AZUBA (a spelling variation).
- Hebrew 'forsaken'. Mentioned in the Bible on several occasionse.g. 1 Kings 22:42. Used regularly if infrequently from the 17th century to the end of the 19th c.
- Diminutive: Zuba (used on rare occasions as an independent name).