Spanish from Greek"violet flower"
Yolanda Origin and Meaning
The name Yolanda is girl's name of Spanish, Greek origin meaning "violet flower".
Yolanda conjures up visions of midcentury films like "Yolanda and the Thief," complete with gauzy veils, harem pants, and invisible navels. Iolanthe, with the first syllable pronounced the same as in Yolanda, is a softer version, but most modern parents would opt for the English Violet.
20 Names Similar to Yolanda
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Yolanda.
Famous People Named Yolanda
- Yolanda MooreActress, Model
- Yolanda de CourtenayQueen Consort of Andrew II of Hungary
- Yolanda of Flandersruler of the Latin Empire in Constantinople for her son Philip of Namur
- Yolanda Yvette AdamsAmerican gospel singer
- Yolanda Evette GriffithAmerican basketball player
- Yolanda Whitaker aka YoYo, American rapper
- Yolanda Riveramother of actress Naya Rivera
- Yolanda Denise Kingdaughter of civil rights icon Martin Luther King Jr
- Yolanda LopezAmerican painter
- Yolanda SoaresPortuguese pop/classical singer
- Yolandi VisserSouth African rapper
- Yolanda HadidAmerican,Dutch television personality
- Yolanda GamppCanadian cake artist and Youtuber
Yolanda in Pop Culture
- Yolandaalias used by 'Saffron' on TV's "Firefly"
- Yolanda "Yoli" Vargascharacter in movie "Gotta Kick It Up!"
- Yolanda Garciacharacter in "How the Garcia Girls lost their Accents" by Julia Alvarez
- Yolandasong by Pablo Milanez
- Yolanda Be CoolAustralian band
- Yolanda Yewbeamcharacter in Jenny Nimmo's "The Children of the Red King" series
- Yolandacharacter in "Young & Hungry"