Hebrew"God is gracious"
Yochanan Origin and Meaning
The name Yochanan is boy's name meaning "God is gracious".
A contracted form of Yehochanan, the Biblical Hebrew form of John. Variants include Yohanan and Johanan.
Famous People Named Yochanan
- Yochanan SoferGerman,Israeli rabbi
- Yochanan VollachIsraeli footballer
- Yochanan MuffsAmerican theologian
- Yochanan AfekIsraeli chess player and composer
- Yochanan ShochetIsraeli rabbi
- Yohanan AlemannoItalian philosopher
- Yohanan ben Zakkai1st century Israeli rabbi
- Jehohanan (or Yehohanan)son of Hagkol, Israeli man crucified in the 1st century CE, whose ossuary was found in 1968