French variation of Theodoric"ruler of the people"
Thierry Origin and Meaning
The name Thierry is boy's name of French origin meaning "ruler of the people".
Thierry, which is very popular in France, would make an interesting import; it's somewhat familiar through designer Thierry Mugler and international soccer star Thierry Henry. It almost sounds like Terry, but not quite.
20 Names Similar to Thierry
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Thierry.
Famous People Named Thierry
- Thierry Daniel HenryFrench footballer
- Thierry Marc BoutsenBelgian racing driver
- Thierry ArdissonFrench TV producer and host
- Thierry ChoinardHoule, son of Quebecoise Influencer Lydia Choinard,Houle
- Thierry MuglerFrench fashion designer
- Thierry WoutersBelgian swimmer
- Thierry SchaffauserFrench adult film actor and activist
- Thierry BretonFrench politician and businessman
- Thierry Rousselfather of Athina Onassis, ex,husband of Christina Onassis
Thierry in Pop Culture
- Thierry De Bennicoeurcharacter in the book series "Immortality Bites" by Michelle Rowen
- ThierryKing of France in Fletcher, Beaumont(?) and Massinger's tragic play "Thierry and Theodoret" (1621)
- Thierry from Night World series by L.J. Smith
- Thierrycharacter in TV's "The Originals"
- Thierry Rothartcharacter in the webcomic "Never Satisfied" by Taylor Robin