rhymes with "nine"
Dutch short form
Stijn Origin and Meaning
The name Stijn is boy's name of Dutch origin.
As you may surmise from its origins as a short form for Constantijn and Augustijn, Stijn rhymes with nine and fine, though most English-speakers wouldn't guess that. A popular name in the Netherlands that's obscure elsewhere, for reasons undoubtedly connected to its spelling and pronunciation issues.
20 Names Similar to Stijn
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Stijn.
Lists containing Stijn
Famous People Named Stijn
- Stefanus Johannes "Stijn" SchaarsDutch footballer
- Stijn Van CauterBelgian music producer
- Constantijn Anton Marie Francois "Stijn" ClaessensDutch economist
- Stijn Streuvels (born Franciscus Petrus Maria Lateur)Dutch novelist
- Stijn StijnenBelgian footballer
- StijnBaron Coninx, Belgian film director
- Stijn WuytensBelgian footballer
- Stijn DevolderBelgian cyclist