American nickname name
Spike Origin and Meaning
The name Spike is boy's name of American origin.
Spike is part mid-century nickname-name, ala Buster or Buck, and part word name, with an all-over cool creative dude feel thanks to directors Spike Lee and Spike Jonze. Mike Myers named his son Spike. That's right: Spike and Mike. Spike qualifies as one of the distinctly American names.
20 Names Similar to Spike
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Spike.
Famous People Named Spike
- Terence Alan "Spike" MilliganBritish comedian
- Shelton Jackson "Spike" LeeAmerican director
- Spike Jonze (born Adam Spiegel)American film director
- Lindley Armstrong "Spike" JonesAmerican bandleader and musician
- Evangelos Spiros "Spike" MendelsohnAmerican chef and restaurateur
- Henry Berthold "Spike" RobinsonAmerican saxophonist
- Charles Forrest "Spike" SpencerAmerican voice actor
- Spike SlawsonAmerican punk singer
- Mark "Spike" StentEnglish music producer
- Michael Donovan "Spike" FerestenAmerican TV host
- Spike Alan Myers (b. 2011)son of actor Mike Myers
- Spike Bowman Smithson of Edith Bowman & Tom Smith
Spike in Pop Culture
- Spike (born William Pratt)character on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"
- Spikea baby dragon on "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic"
- Spike Laverycharacter on American soap "All My Children"
- Spike Milliganex,burglar, friend to Jimmy Pitt, in P. G. Wodehouse's "A Gentleman of Leisure" (1910)
- Spike Spiegelmain character from anime series "Cowboy Bebop"
- Spike Freemancharacter on Australian TV series "Snobs"
- SpikeRhynoc boss from game "Spyro the Dragon"
- Spike Scarlatticharacter on TV series "Flashpoint"
- SpikeSnoopy's older brother in "Peanuts"
- Spikea stegosaurus in "The Land Before Time" franchise
- Spike and SuzyBritish name for a Belgian comic
- Spikea word for a sharp point